At Ridgway HS/MS, we appreciate our involved parents and community members. We also enjoy broadcasting our latest news and information here on our News page, including everything from important announcements and reminders about school activities to student achievement shout-outs. We’ll update this page regularly, so please check back often!
This week, we are concluding our “soft roll-out”. We asked students to communicate with their teachers through their district email accounts and online platforms. Some of the platforms used include: Google Classroom, Accelerated Reader (middle school), Study Island, Edmentum, and other mediums. These platforms are specific to each course, so please see individual class/teacher overview in your child’s Google Classroom, or other medium, for further details.
As teachers are making final preparations for planned instruction, they will provide directions to students/parents so they may successfully navigate any new platforms and websites. Beginning Monday, April 6, 2020, through the end of the school closure, RMHS students will engage in the use of these platforms to begin the delivery of planned online instruction to all RMHS students. If there is an indication that a student is having difficulty navigating the system, we ask parents to contact their child’s teacher immediately. If students/parents are still having concerns, they should contact Tom Podpora or the RMHS Assistant Principal Mr. Hofmann.
Please take a moment to read our April 2 parent letter in its entirety.
Summer school dates are now available! Summer school is from June 8 to 26, 2020, Monday through Thursday from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Mark your calendars, and we hope to see you there!
October 2019 Opportunities:
- October 31: Business Trick or Treat from 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Leading up to that, there is an opportunity for a student or two to help get the door/window signs out, probably this Thursday or Friday or next Tuesday. Contact the Chamber for more information!
November 2019 Opportunities:
- November 29: Light Up the Night will use a couple of kids to be elves and help with cookies and hot cocoa. They may need four or five altogether for 2.5 hours, starting at 5:30 p.m. Contact the Chamber for more information!
- November 30: Yuletide Memories. There will be volunteer opportunities all day from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. for as many students as want to help! Contact the Chamber for more information!
- We are still working on window decorating. Contact the Chamber for more information!
December 2019 Opportunities:
- December 25: Christmas Day Happening Dinner at North Broad Street. Helpers can arrive between 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. Help is needed serving food, cleaning up, and possibly deliveries.
- Ridgway Animal Haven 389.7080
- Ridgway Eagles 773.7435
- Ridgway Elks 773.5025
- Ridgway Fire Department Bingo (Tuesdays from 5:00 to 8:00 p.m. on North Broad)
- Ridgway Legion 772.7425
- Ridgway VFW 772.0036
- Elk County Humane Society 834.3247