From course enrollment to college registration, from middle school to senior year, our guidance staff is here to help students along the way. We also recognize that preparation and practice is the key to success, so we begin preparing our students for graduation and college entrance exams early. We want them to feel confident and comfortable when it counts.
High School Schedule Changes
- Monday, August 12, 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 13, 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
High school students will have until Friday, September 6, to change their schedules.
*For any major class changes, a parent must be present or the student must have a signed parental note.
**We will return parent phones calls regarding scheduling in the order received. This will occur after scheduling changes have occurred for those physically present.
Attention, seniors! If you bought Pitt credits, you must go online to the university website and have Pitt Bradford send your transcript directly to the college you will be attending in order for your credits to transfer and count.
- Pitt Courses - courses marked with an asterisk (*) are the Pitt courses offered by Ridgway High School.
There are many scholarships available to our students. Please take a moment to read through our list and see which ones you may be eligible for.
Guidance Counselors and Staff
Our guidance team is here to help! Please feel free to stop by to schedule an appointment or just to talk.
In order for students to be eligible to receive a diploma and to participate in graduation, students must successfully complete 28 credits.
- 4 English (English 9, English 10, English 11, English 12)
- 2 P.E. credits (.5/.5/.5/.5)
- 4 Social Studies (American Cultures, Government, World Cultures, student choice)
- 1 Art/Humanities
- 4 math (Algebra I, Algebra II, Geometry)
- 8 electives
- 4 science (Chemistry, Biology, Physics, student choice)
- 1 health/wellness (Health 1, Health 2 @ .5 credit each)
We assure graduation when students meet the above requirements. A student may also qualify for graduation by attending high school part time when officially enrolled part time in a postsecondary institution or when securing full-time or part-time employment.
Community Service & Job Shadowing
In addition to academic graduation requirements, students in grades 9–12 will complete community service hours during their time at Ridgway High School. Community Service provides students with the opportunity to explore ways to enhance their community to become a well rounded citizen in their community.
Job shadowing is a school/community experience that allows students to observe people in the community as they perform their regular job duties. It is a school-sponsored career exploration activity. During a job shadow, students observe an employee for a short period of time to learn about the business, industry, or profession of the employee. Job shadowing is a short-term, workplace learning opportunity, with an emphasis on exploration, not work.
- RHS Job Shadow Guidelines
- Career Cruising
- Community Education Center Job Shadow Request Form - this agency can assist students with the job-shadowing process.
- Penn Highlands Job Shadow Guidelines - Penn Highlands requires this paperwork for students job shadowing at the hospital.
Parents, please reference the following for additional important information:
- Keystone Information for Parents and Guardians
- Keystone Information for Parents and Students
- Keystone Cell Phone Policy
Summer Educational Opportunities
Please reference the following links for information regarding summer educational programs: